With San Diego Health Connect’s Medical Records Exchange solution, providers get instant, secure access to patient summary health information for new, existing or referred patients.
When you request your patients’ health information electronically, you receive an up-to-date view of their health status. This enables you to improve the speed, quality, safety, coordination and cost of the health care you deliver.
How Our Medical Records Exchange Works
Simply query the Medical Records Exchange using your own electronic health record (EHR) or San Diego Health Connect’s easy-to-use, web-based portal. This gives you access to the following information about your patient from all organizations participating in the health information exchange (HIE):
- Summaries—Problem lists, medications, allergies, immunizations and recent test results
- Textual information—Progress notes, discharge summaries and operative reports
Contact us to learn more about how you can access timely information about your patients using our Medical Records Exchange.
Secure Exchange of Health Information
Nothing is more important to San Diego Health Connect than protecting the privacy and security of patient health information according to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules.
Here are just some of the measures we take to ensure the privacy of health information in our Exchange:
- The Exchange only stores patient identifiers and “pointers” to the health system EHR, medical group EHR or other system containing that patient’s information. We do not aggregate and store information in a central database.
- All personal health information transmitted across the health information exchange (HIE) is encrypted.
- Role-based access technology ensures that only clinicians directly involved in delivering care can access a patient’s information.
- We monitor and log all access to patient health information.
- Our patient consent policy ensures that patients are able to determine what information is shared through San Diego Health Connect.
Interested in more information about our security policies? Learn more here.